27 June 2006

Vowels & consonants of motherhood, part 2


So I was in the bathroom doing my hair, and Christine came in to talk to me... I noticed she was kind of chewing. Here’s a transcript from memory of the exchange that took place, about three hours ago - she is the first to speak:

“I like those still.”

“Like what?”

“Those ice cream cones.”

“What ice cream cones?”

“The ones that we have.”

“What? Where'd you get an ice cream cone?”

“We still had some.”

“Does daddy know you had one?”

“No.”

“Did you ask if you could have one?”

“Yeah.”

“You didn't ask me.”

“Well, can I have one?”

“Didn't you just tell me you already had one?”

“No.”

“Yes you did.”

“Well, can I have another one?”

LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!



Then, in an entirely different episode, she smacked her father (it wasn‘t that hard, but it‘s the principle of the thing). We’ve been working on this, that you can’t smack people. So I spanked her. Guess what she did then? The little nut bit me! Check out the pic! (It's my wrist.) And this, my friends, is why many comedians found their calling after they became parents.

Listening to "Can't Stop" - MoZella